Tuesday, September 10, 2013

A bit of a mystery

As I write these words and I am listening to a Dutch pirate on 1620 kHz. It's Radio King from "the north side of the Netherlands". The signal is pretty good, currently peaking at around 44444, certainly the best I have heard from the station who used to be know as Atletico.

There was also some pleasant listening on several occasions last week on 1629. I have no idea what station I was listening to, but it was jazz and funk music during the late evening. I though it was possibly the Danish pirate station Radio OZNRH who programme jazz music from Sunday to Thursday. However, I sent an email to them and apparently they are using 1616 kHz at the moment, so it was not them I heard. So, it's a bit of a mystery. Every now and again there was an announcement. I made a recording . . . 




If anybody has any details about this station, please let me know!

1 comment:

  1. The announcement is from the BBC. It's one of the continuity announcers they had on BBC-1 and BBC-2 during the 1970's I believe. They had quite distinctive voices! Some definately a TV / radio anorak station!

    Great to learn that Denmark has a pirate scene, btw! It's a country we don't often hear about in terms of free radio stations.

    Terry

    ReplyDelete