Sunday, March 08, 2015

It's been a while

I was thinking recently about Dutch MW pirates I haven't heard for a while. Stations come and go, but if you listen for long enough they tend to come back - once the pirate bug has bitten, the effects last a long time. I went missing from the pirate scene for a number of years while I moved house and had a family, but I returned a few years ago keener than ever, and that is a trend I know has been repeated for many pirates.

So a few minutes ago in the early hours of Sunday morning there was a coincidence when I switched on the radio and heard a strong signal on 1626 kHz. It was O Superman - OSM Radio in qso with Romax. Since I started listening to the pirates again in January 2011 I have heard this station only once. He sure is a rare catch, made even better by the great signal I received. You can listen here:




Romax was also coming in loud and clear, as you can hear on this recording. Very nice to hear him for the first time since September last year:


No comments:

Post a Comment